UCEMC’s Directorate Election is set for Friday, August 26, 2022 and Saturday August 27, 2022.
Polls will be open between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. at all polling locations. PLEASE NOTE: Change in District 1 polling location.
|District||Consisting of these counties:||Polling Location|
|1||Smith, DeKalb, Wilson and Macon||907 Main St. N., Carthage.|
|2||Putnam and White||1794 West Broad St., Cookeville.|
|3||Overton, Clay, Fentress and Pickett||320 Celina Hwy., Livingston.|
|4||Jackson||1085 N. Grundy Quarles Hwy., Gainesboro.|
|District||Candidate||Number of Directors to be elected/re-elected:|
|1||C.D. (Digger) Poindexter||One director will be re-elected. Vote for one.|
James W. West
|One director will be elected or re-elected. Vote for one.|
|3||Jim Brown||One director will be elected or re-elected. Vote for one.|
Voting Rules and Bylaw Reference
- ONE vote regardless of number of individual memberships. Section 3.05 of the Bylaws.
- Husband and wife are joint members – only one may vote and if they disagree they cannot split their vote. Section 1.04 (b) of the Bylaws.
- Unincorporated business owners may not vote if he/she has individual memberships they are voting. Sections 3.05 and 4.08 of the Bylaws.
- Corporations have one vote only, regardless of number of memberships, and persons voting corporate memberships should have proper identification or credentials showing his/her right to vote the membership. Section 3.05 of the Bylaws.
- Unincorporated associations (such as churches) may have one vote, however, only upon presentation of the person desiring to vote the membership of proper evidence of his/her right to vote which should be in writing for clarity. The fact that a pastor, board member, or church member shows up and says they can vote the membership is not sufficient absent other proof. Section 3.05 of the Bylaws.
- No member may vote who has been suspended or terminated. Sections 2.01, 2.02, and 2.07 of the Bylaws.
- If a member is served by the cooperative at two or more premises in two or more districts, he/she shall be entitled to vote only his/her residential membership at any one of the cooperative’s election precincts. Section 4.08 of the Bylaws.
- It is the duty and legal obligation of the election supervisors to make decisions in accordance with Section 4.12 of the Bylaws.
- Voting rights are set out in Sections 3.05 and 4.08 of the Bylaws. (Reference Section 4.11).
- Proxy voting by Power of Attorney or otherwise by members who are natural persons is not permitted. Section 3.05 of the Bylaws.
NOTE: Ref. 6 above: Suspension of membership is defined in Bylaws as failure to pay any amounts due the cooperative within the time limit prescribed for payment or other non-compliance with membership obligations. For the purposes of this election, the memberships of members having unpaid bills due on or before August 15, 2022 will be in suspension on Election Day.
OFFICES WILL NOT BE OPEN FOR BILL PAYMENTS ON SATURDAY, AUGUST 27, 2022.
Members with questions about the Directorate Election should ask their local UCEMC office prior to Election Day or election supervisors on Election Day. Copies of Bylaws are available at all UCEMC offices or at ucemc.com.