Carthage, TN – November 16, 2023 – The Chamber of Commerce and Lions Club are thrilled to announce the annual Hometown Christmas event on Sunday, November 26th, from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. The event will be held on the Courthouse Lawn and Main Street, and will feature a variety of festive activities for all ages.
The festivities will commence with live music on the steps of the Historic Courthouse. Several Main Street businesses will be o At 4:30 pm, the Hometown Christmas Parade will begin its procession Down 25 and Main Street to the Courthouse. Stadium-style seating will be available in front of the Courthouse for spectators and families waiting for Santa!
Following the parade, children can meet and greet Santa Claus in the Historic Courthouse lobby. You can get your Number-In-Line ticket starting at 4 PM outside the courthouse! You will then be able to wait playing games, shopping, coloring, and listening to music!
In addition to the parade and Santa visit, the Hometown Christmas event will also
● Traditional annual Tree Lighting ceremony with the County Mayor.
● Kids’ Coloring Contest: Submit your completed coloring page by 6:30 pm for a chance to win a prize.
● Ugly Sweater Contest: Have your photo taken at the Courthouse for online voting. All photos submitted by 6:30 PM.
● Yard Games on the courthouse lawn for all to enjoy!
● Free Photos with Santa: Capture a memorable photo with Santa in the Historic Courthouse following the parade.
The Hometown Christmas event is a Free and family-friendly event. Everyone is
cordially invited to join in the holiday merriment.
About the Town of Carthage: Carthage is a charming town nestled in the rolling hills of central Tennessee. The town
is renowned for its captivating downtown area, its welcoming residents, and its strong sense of community. Carthage is a popular destination for visitors from across the country, who come to experience the town’s numerous festivals and events.