Are you a creative thinker that likes to wear many hats?
Are you tech savvy and have exceptional writing skills?
The Upper Cumberland Electric Membership Corporation (UCEMC) is an electric power distribution cooperative that is owned and operated by its members. UCEMC distributes electric power through more than 4,600 miles of lines to more than 49,000 members located primarily in Jackson, Overton, Putnam and Smith Counties and northern DeKalb County as well as in the fringe counties of Clay, Fentress, Macon, Pickett, White and Wilson. Directed by a nine-member Board of Directors, UCEMC has 129 employees and current assets of $187.5 million. Learn more about us at www.ucemc.com.
We are currently seeking a creative Communication/Public Relations Coordinator to be based in our Carthage, TN location. This person will also be responsible for traveling to other UCEMC District locations in South Carthage, Gainesboro, Livingston and Cookeville.
We are proud to offer:
- Excellent base salary
- Bonus opportunities
- Benefits package to include: medical, dental, prescription, vision and life insurance
- 401K with company match
- Short-term Disability
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Paid time off program for jury duty, bereavement, birthday and safety day
- Great training program
- Employee uniforms
- Christmas Party and Employee Service Awards
- Excellent working environment
In this key role, you will be responsible for assisting with the execution of the communication strategies to increase awareness of UCEMC’s mission and to promote the cooperative’s activities. Conducts media outreach and media relations the service areas, events, programs and initiatives to build understanding, educate and enhance support of the Cooperative.
- Assists with the development and delivery of a communications program that educate customers on issues facing UCEMC
- Monitors and updates the website and intranet site
- Writes and distributes news releases to media outlets
- Assists with writing articles, taking photographs, designing layouts for electronic newsletter and various other cooperative media partners/magazines
- Coordinates participation with various local/state community service and/or youth programs
- Represents UCEMC with any live media interviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or other closely related field
- Certification as Cooperative Communicator Designation preferred
- 2+ years of communications experience
- Must have software proficiency in Website editing, word processing, desktop publishing, taking photographs/photo editing and presentation, Excel spreadsheet, document imaging and email
- Self-starter with strong time management skills
- Strong knowledge of English composition and grammar
- Excellent research and writing skills are required
- Experience using a camera and taking/editing photographs
- Strong organizational, relationship, and communication skills are essential
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines
- Comfortable with public speaking and on-air media interviews
If you are looking for an opportunity that will highlight your creativity and communications skills, email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 27. Your cover letter must explain why you feel you are a good fit for this opportunity.