“Vacations cost too much.”
You’d be surprised at the affordable options out there. For instance, you can take a cruise for the same amount as a beach vacation. Your travel agent can help put together a vacation that doesn’t bust the budget.
“There’s too much crime.”
The resort areas in Mexico and the Caribbean are safe for travelers. Take Mexico, for instance. Tourism dollars are too important to the Mexican economy. The Mexican government takes great strides in keeping you safe while visiting their country. Visit a location like Cozumel, Cancun or Cabo and you will see that many security measures have been put in place to make your stay enjoyable and safe. When folk go to Mexico, they are absolutely amazed at the quality of the resorts, the friendliness of the people and how much there is to do.
“Hurricanes will ruin my trip.”
Yes, the hurricane season was especially active this year but don’t use that as an excuse to stay away from this wonderful area.
- There are hundreds of islands in the Caribbean and only six were affected by the hurricanes.
- You can always visit outside the hurricane season — from December through May. In fact, the Caribbean is more enjoyable during these months anyway. I’ve gone snorkeling in Grand Cayman in January and the water was wonderful.
- If on a cruise, the captain will stay away from hurricanes. You may visit different ports than the ones that were scheduled but you will be safe.
“It’s too far away.”
There are lots of options from Nashville including many non-stop flights to popular vacation spots.
“I’ll get bored on a cruise ship.”
All of us have this picture in our heads of old people standing around playing shuffleboard. Nothing could be further from the truth.
The demographic for cruising has changed substantially in recent years. Carnival, Norwegian and Royal Caribbean cater to families so the old folk will definitely be outnumbered. The entertainment options are astounding and activities for children and teens are rated highly across these brands. You may find that you don’t even have time to look for the shuffleboard court.
“Disney Is Just for Kids”
“Why would you go to Walt Disney World without children?” In fact, adults can have as much fun, if not more, than children.”
There are four reasons why Disney is a perfect vacation destination for adults:
- If nothing else, go for the food. The Walt Disney World Resort is home to some incredible restaurants. For example, Victoria & Albert’s, located in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, has consistently received the AAA Five Diamond Award® since 2000.
- Disney offers a variety of festivals throughout the year, which may be attractive to adults-only visitors.
- Continuing on the food topic is the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival. Guests can taste their way around global marketplaces featuring international cuisines. Another great festival is the Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival.
- Finally, Disney is a great trip for its spas. There are a few wonderful ones on Disney property that can transport guests into a state of complete relaxation.
Bucket List Advice
When thinking over one’s bucket list it is easy to list the objections first. Think positively! What are some simple things you can do to make your bucket list become reality? Contact me with any questions you might have.