CARTHAGE, Tenn. —At the end of October, a haunted house will open next door to Sav-Way in Carthage for Smith County residents to enjoy.
Butcher’s Holler Haunted House will feature several spooky scenes, including a jail, a graveyard, a train, and, of course, a butcher shop. While exploring Butcher’s Holler, haunted house guests can expect to be frightened by clowns, a mad doctor, and horror movie superstars Michael Myers and Freddie Kruger.
The cost of admission is $15 per person. Groups of 5 or more will receive special pricing.
If you visit Butcher’s Holler more than once, you can receive discounted admission. The first visit costs $15, the second visit costs $10, and all other visits are $5.
- October 17 – Family and Elementary Night ($5)
- October 18 – Middle School Night (until 8:00 p.m.) ($5); open to public (8:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.)
- October 19-20 – Grand Opening (6:00 p.m. until 12:00 a.m.)
- October 24 – Smith County School Night – Faculty, Staff, Students, and Family Members ($5 off)
- October 25 – Open 6:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
- October 26-27 – Open 6:00 p.m. until 12:00 a.m.
- October 29-31 – Open 6:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
The host of Butcher’s Holler Haunted House had this to say about the event:
“Over the years, extensive investigations have been done about a mass disappearance of visitors and outsiders to Smith County. Several business owners and home owners have demanded help in solving the mysteries behind the missing persons. In the last days, authorities have been paying visits to the ‘old shut-down butcher shop’ located next to Sav-Way Grocery of Smith County.”
Go to Butcher’s Holler Haunted House this Halloween Season… if you dare!
Butcher’s Holler Haunted House will be located in the Smith County Plaza next to the new Carthage Sav-Way (72 Dixon Springs Highway – Carthage, TN 37030).