Have you signed up for the Smith County Heritage Museum Rook Tournament yet? The tournament will be held at 2:00 p.m.this Saturday, January 11, 2020, along with an all-you-can-eat hotdog and chili supper!
The price to participate in the tournament is $10 per person. The Museum requests a $5 donation for your meal.
To register, please call the Smith County Heritage Museum at 615-735-1104. Museum operating hours are Thursday – Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. The museum is located at 107 3rd Avenue East in Carthage, Tennessee.
Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams.
- Partners will be assigned randomly.
- Game is played to 500 points or whoever has the most points after 45 minutes.
- 42 Cards Used – Red 1, Rook, and 5-14 of each color.
- Each player gets 9 cards and 6 cards are placed in the Widow.
- 150 point game, 75 points is minimum bid.
- Person to the left of the dealer starts the bidding. If everyone passes on bidding, then the dealer must take the widow for a bid of 75.
- Winning bidder can discard one point card (5 or 10) and any trump cards that are discarded must be turned face up.
- Winning bidder calls the color of trumps and lays down the first card to begin the game.
- Whoever catches the last hand gets any points that were discarded in the widow.
Card Point Values:
- Red 1: 30
- Rook: 20
- 14s: 10
- 10s: 10
- 5s: 5
See you at the Heritage Museum for an afternoon of fun!