The 47th Annual Smith County Chamber of Commerce meeting was held on Thursday, September 9, at the Smith County Ag Center. The meeting’s theme was “Business, Boots & BBQ”. Guests enjoyed a family-style BBQ and catfish supper. Over 100 guests and members were present.
Several awards were given to citizens and business leaders:
- Leadership Award – Barbara Kannapel
- Community Service Award – Forrest Nesbitt, Jr.
- Woman Business Leader Award – Michelle Boykin
- John Carson Maggart Business Leader Award – John Leftwich
- Industrial Leadership Award – Brett Burris
- Chamber Perpetual Memorial Plaque (2021) – James Bass
- Chamber Perpetual Memorial Plaque (2020) – Sue Maggart
- Milestone Award (30 Years) – Dennis Banka
- Milestone Award (36 Years) – Scott Winfree
Judy Mofield was elected as president of the Smith County Chamber of Commerce for the 2021-2022 year. See photos below: