Are you ready to take your IT Management Experience to the next level?
The Upper Cumberland Electric Membership Corporation (UCEMC) is an electric power distribution cooperative that is owned and operated by its members. UCEMC distributes electric power through more than 4,600 miles of lines to more than 49,000 members located primarily in Jackson, Overton, Putnam and Smith Counties and northern DeKalb County as well as in the fringe counties of Clay, Fentress, Macon, Pickett, White and Wilson. Directed by a nine-member Board of Directors, UCEMC has 129 employees and current assets of $187.5 million. Learn more about us at www.ucemc.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Information Technology Manager to be based in our Corporate Office located in Carthage, TN. This person will also be responsible for traveling to other UCEMC District locations in South Carthage, Gainesboro, Livingston and Cookeville.
We are proud to offer:
- Excellent base salary
- Bonus opportunities
- Benefits package to include: medical, dental, prescription, vision and life insurance
- 401K with company match
- Short-term Disability
- Paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Paid time off program for jury duty, bereavement, birthday and safety day
- Great training program
- Employee uniforms
- Christmas Party and Employee Service Awards
- Excellent working environment
In this key management position, you will be responsible for “all things technology” including building an IT department as well the management and coordination of technological resources to support the cooperative’s infrastructure. You will ensure systems and operations are in place related to network, cyber security, hardware, software, databases, etc. The IT Manager will provide counsel to leadership regarding modifications and services needed to improve the organization’s technology. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
- Oversight and management of the cooperative’s technological infrastructure
- Manage the IT operations including; network, hardware/software, database, and communication devices
- Recommend modifications where appropriate in IT structure, operation and/or policies affecting the service
- Prepare, maintain, and test a technology disaster recovery plan
- Develop annual technology goals, detailed plans for goal accomplishment, and capital investment plans for IT
- Institute and enforce IT standards for hardware, software, office productivity tools and processes, security, internet access, and change management
- Manage the acquisition, installation, and maintenance of the Local Area Network and Wide Area Network hardware/software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- Microsoft and/or Cisco Programs certifications strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience with IT management and leadership
- Website design experience required
- Must have or be willing to obtain a valid Tennessee “D” operator’s license
- Working knowledge of WAN, WLAN, and LAN
- Remote connectivity knowledge and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with phone systems
- Demonstrated ability to define infrastructure and operational needs, assess alternatives, and determine and communicate recommendations. This includes the creation of plans, financial projections, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed including some nights and/or weekend hours
If you are looking for an opportunity with a company where you will have a direct impact on its’ success, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com no later than October 23rd. Your cover letter must explain why you feel you are a good fit for this opportunity.